Thank you for visiting this page and discovering what it means to follow Christ. The best decision you can ever make is to commit and devote your life to following Christ. We are called to live like Christ and live for Christ by adhering to his teachings and imitating his life.
The first step in a faith journey is believing in the gospel of Jesus Christ. The good news of Jesus Christ changes everything about who we are and why we are here. We are made right by God by "grace through faith" (Ephesian 2:8). Our good works do not make us righteous, but we are only made righteous by the perfect work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Jesus is the Son of God and was born of a virgin therefore he did not inherit the sinful nature of man instead of the heavenly nature of the Father. Jesus Christ being 100% human and divine lived a sinless and perfect life so that he could be the perfect sacrifice for our sins. Jesus died on the cross paying for our sins and on the third day he rose from the dead so that anyone who calls on His name will be saved and his sins forgiven. The life, death, and resurrection provides salvation and eternal life to anyone has faith in Him.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A FOLLOW CHRIST?
- “There is no one righteous, not even one; (Romans 3:10)
- "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
- "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath." (Ephesians 2:1-3)
- "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
- "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8)
- If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)
- “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
- "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" (2 Cor. 5:17)
If you would like for someone to pray with you and assist you in making this decision please call the church office at 281-427-1741 or email and she will contact a church pastor.